Tuesday 23 February 2010

29 gifts - Day 1

So here goes, the rules are as follows:

Your 29 Gifts can be anything given to anyone... money, food, old sweaters, smiles, your time, kind words or thoughts.

I am going to add to this, to make it a Blog 29 gifts, that they also include, commenting on a blog I don't normally comment on, or a post which particularly strikes me. Passing on details of new and interesting blogs I find and anything else I can think of which seems to fit the ethos of the challenge. I know I'm already stretching the rules and it is only day 1 but I kind of figure this is allowed.

Here goes:
Day 1 - Today I have given kind words to a friend who is having to move suddenly and called J to see if he is okay because he is so busy. And shall smile at people on the way home from work. Even if it is raining. So mostly very tiny little things but it's only the start :)

For tomorrow and looking forward I would like to write some letters and pass on kind words through snail mail. If you would like to receive a letter, wherever in the world you are, leave me a comment and I shall work on getting back to you and making arrangements for my gifts. I shall also hopefully be hosting my first ever giveaway during these 29 days. Details to follow shortly!

8 comments:

anna and the ring said...

How wonderful!

Marie said...

Thanks :) Do you want to be a recipient of a letter? Or something else fun? You've been a great support of my blog so I would love to give something back to you! Let me know. M x

Rose said...

this sounds like a really nice project- i will look forward to it

~ Lopa said...

Wow, what a wonderful idea ! :)
Really nice project, looking fwd to read more of it :)

Kylli said...

Owen and I would like a letter! :)

meag said...

very cool. good luck with your gifting!

little luxury list said...

How fun! Oooh and perhaps one day you should meet Anna and I! I'm not back in London for about a month but still...:)

Kristi said...

Smiles are wonderful! I'm so glad you're doing this. I'm sure it will inspire me to be a better, sweeter person.