Monday 15 March 2010

Washington DC Botanic Gardens - Orchids

My quietness last week was because I had gone on a last minute trip to Washington DC. It was my first time there and it really is a lovely city. One of my favourite bits was the time I spent in the Botanic Gardens. They're free, small and full of lots of lovely plants to look at. Plus when I went there was a special Orchid display on, which was amazing, if you're nearby try and go before it closes as it's worth it. Hope you like the photos!




8 comments:

little luxury list said...

Lovely! I love the cherry blossoms in DC too - too bad it's not coming for a few weeks!

Make Do Style said...

Very gorgeous xx

Kristi said...

Pretty pretty!

Emily said...

I've always wanted to get an orchid but I travel so much I don't think it'll survive! Those are gorgeous though and I really think they would make a room look that much more enticing. Lovely post. x LZ

Marie said...

@ Chic'n'Cheap - I was gutted to be too early for them as I would have loved to have seen the blossom but these almost made up for it!

@MakeDoStyle and MischiefbyLoki - Thank-you!

@Emily - I have heard they are absurdly difficult to keep alive but yes they are beautiful and in the right room are the perfect addition.

Make Do Style said...

Pst I've tagged you!

claire said...

I love orchids! I bought one recently and the flowers have gone now but I have instructions from my gran on how to get it to flower again. So beautiful..

claire said...

I love orchids! I bought one recently and the flowers have gone now but I have instructions from my gran on how to get it to flower again. So beautiful..