Thursday 25 June 2009

And now for the shoes...

So here's where it gets exciting. I now have to get new shoes to go with the dress, yippee! None of the pairs I currently own will work. I've been looking online for ideas but I get too easily distracted into just looking at beautiful shoes which I can drool about and dream about! Anyhow, some ideas so far...


Number 1 - Rupert Sanderson

Number 2 - Marc by Marc Jacobs

I love the second ones, the blue is amazing, and they look comfy (ish). But here I hit my big problem, J is shorter than me so I don't like wearing huge heels with him, where can I find fabulous but smaller heeled shoes which aren't ridiculously expensive and match the dress?!

And then of course there's the hat or fascinator to think about. The lovely Anna has already given me some great suggestions and then I'm thinking of trying to make it myself...

9 comments:

Janine / Being Brazen said...

the blue shoes are pretty. Hope you can find something similar with a lower heel.

Indian Summers said...

I love that blue! So gorgeous. I'm hoping to get a pair in that colour for my wedding, but I've got almost the same problem as you and J - the man is only slightly taller than me, so high heels make me tower over him. Rubbish! I don't have any helpful suggestions though - at the moment it seems like gigantic heels are everywhere. Maybe somewhere like LK Bennett could be worth a try? x

Anonymous said...

I agree, you must get the blue!! Even if it's a different shoe, blue it must be!

Marie said...

I shall get looking in the shops. Such a shame to have to go shoe shopping... :) Thanks for the advice! M x

Cate S said...

That really is a very beautiful blue!

anna and the ring said...

Oh no, I'm going to dissent and say yey to nude. I love love love nude shoes. Too sexy. The blue is cute too but I a nude gal all the way.

P.S. You may have found yourself tagged!

Rachel said...

i'll come shoe shopping with you! selfridges sale is a good place to start. that is where i got my blue rupert sanderson wedding ones from.

are you going with the red dress? i think something less blue might work better, much as i like the blue.

anna and the ring said...

Oh let me come too. A stroll down New/Old Bond St is show heaven and then onto Sloane St.

One day Anna, one day!

Marie said...

Yes, must get to Selfridges, somehow have not managed to get there yet... And yes, since I've gone red the blue is perhaps too blue! I'm thinking pewter grey, or dark silver or black...

Thanks for the help! M x