Friday 6 March 2009

New Hair, perhaps?

I've been thinking about a new hairstyle ever since getting married. At first I was going to go for Gwyneth Paltrow style bob like Rachel did but then I started getting scared and thinking that maybe short wasn't for me. I have unruly wavy hair. So now I'm thinking of a fringe as in the style of Leighton Meister below...

Partly it's because I love Blair Waldorf, but I also love the idea of being able to update my look without losing the length I have taken so long to get! What do you think? Should I do it....

7 comments:

Krista said...

Go for it. Get the fringe (bangs here). If you don't like it, grow the fringe out and get it chopped Gwyneth-style.

Marie said...

Eminently sensible. I might have to see when my hairdresser is free!

elle said...

Fringes are fab. I had one for a while and felt uber-chic, but then Kate Moss had hers done, and it seemed like everybody and their mama had one, so I grew it out again. Boo. Am contemplating re-establishing it once my general chop has grown back out a bit.

Cate Subrosa said...

I did exactly this - pondered the bob, then went for the fringe. Two haircuts later I have given up on the fringe because it is so high maintenance! You have to get it trimmed every few weeks if you want it long (but also to be able to see) and style it every day... I discovered I'm too lazy.

Next step, long bob, but I need to grow the fringe out a bit more first.

I do love fringes and got lots of compliments, so if you're organised enough for the upkeep, I'd say go for it!

Modelmental said...

Do it do it do it and post a picture! Hair grows again. I went longish bob but next time I'm going even shorter! Quite excited, can you tell?

Rachel said...

Either sounds good. I know what you mean about wanting a change of hair style.

lydia saucepan said...

my two cents worth: fringes are too high maintenance to bother with